Dress Code At Av

Jazmyne Mcdaniels, Managing Editor

“It’s important to dress for success” quoted by Antelope Valley High School Vice Principal Mr Palmer as he was interviewed regarding Av’s dress code. That has got a lot stricter this year resulting in a lot of angry students on campus.

Avhs is a pretty big school with about 1800 students on campus and with the number of security on campus not even reaching the half point it could be kinda hard to keep up with the students and what they wear.

I spoke with a few of the staff on campus and asked them “How do you feel about Av dress code?” some of them said they feel like it’s not followed by the students on campus with one of them stating “ i don’t even know how they are comfortable leaving their house like that” and another one stating “ I enforce dress code because it’s more of a safety issue ”.

There was a number of students on campus who said that they didn’t even know that there was a dress code and was shocked when they heard that the school started to crack down on them.

When i went to talk to the students a girl said “ I’ve been going here all four years and this is the first year i have ever got dress code”. Avhs security and staff have been strongly enforcing dress code for the new school year with about 10-15 kids getting dress code a day. The school has kinda fixed the problem the outfits that the students wear are becoming more appropriate but by second semester i feel they’ll get the memo.