Homecoming 2k17

Myka Colquitt, Editor

Photos by: Myka Colquitt and John Guerrero 

On September 29th, 2017 Antelope Valley High School had their 2017 annual  homecoming game against Highland High School. They left the field with a score of 35 to 7. Before the game we had two Pep Rallies one at lunch and another during sixth period where we split up the grades, Freshman with Sophomores during Period 6A and Juniors with Seniors during Period 6B 

The Pep Rally was a big success everyone on their feets for the dance team and Football team of course, following many other teams like Volleyball and Cross Country. There were many acknowledgements for students with good grades that know how to maintain their grades and help leading our lopes to the in at the same time. 4.0 students and the best students were known for their hard work.  

We had a Homecoming Court of four boys and four girls. The homecoming court nominees for the boys were Luis Aburto, Scottie Barnard, Jorge Molina, and Devon Williams. The nominees for the girls were Destiny Escobar, Martha Gonzalez, Maria Jimenez, Vicky Paredes. Unfortunately one boy and one girl could be crowned and that was Scottie Barnard and Destiny Escobar.

The Lopes lead us to a win for football five hours after the Pep Rally with a far lead 35 to 7 in favor of Caden our Quarterback, Devon Williams, and many more that made the homecoming dance way better by helping our Lopes win the game and have a fun dance to attend.

Without the win at the game The Homecoming Dance wouldn’t have been as much fun as it was. “The Homecoming Dance was something to look forward to, you get to see all your friends having fun, teachers dancing, it was like a clean party nothing bad happened, nothing illegal, just teenagers having fun,” Elaine.  

There will be many more events to attend and Homecoming was one of those events to remember.

1 Comment

One Response to “Homecoming 2k17”

1. America Mahaley on October 18th, 2017 7:18 am

good job Myka very informational

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Homecoming 2k17

Student Life

The “Amazing” Tei Street

• Homecoming 2k17

Review

Do You Remember Danny Phantom?

• Homecoming 2k17

Review

Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker Review

• Homecoming 2k17

News

Do You Know What Ag Does?

• Homecoming 2k17

Sports

Lopes Cage the Puppies

• Homecoming 2k17

Review

“IT” Movie Review

• Homecoming 2k17

Sports

AVHS FOOTBALL

• Homecoming 2k17

News

DACA News

• Homecoming 2k17

News

Hurricane Harvey

• Homecoming 2k17

Student Life

NJROTC at AVHS

Homecoming 2k17