Who is Isis?

www.monsterchildren.com
www.monsterchildren.com

www.monsterchildren.com

www.monsterchildren.com

Veronica Martinez, Sandpaper Writer

Who is Isis you may ask? Isis is the most successful militant group ever -CNN. The group Isis began back in 2004 as Al Qaeda in Iraq. They are a very dangerous group, Isis has killed more than 2,000 people in some attacks. According to CNN’s calculations these attacks have occurred in at least 29 countries outside of Iraq and Syria. Isis became recognized around the world for carrying out heinous acts of violence, including public executions, rapes and beheading. The group video tapes brutal killings and display them online. “Isis is not getting less dangerous, outside of the territory it controls in the middle east, Isis both directs and inspires acts of terrorism around the world” according to CNN student news.

Isis has also claimed responsibility for hundreds of terrorist attacks in the middle east and around the world. Isis claimed November 2015 Paris attack killing 130 people, December 2015 San Bernardino killing 14 people, March 2016 Brussels bombing killing 32 people, May 2017 Manchester attack killing 22 people. Isis also took blame for the Las Vegas shooting that recently happened on October 3, 2017 but it was false. Every time a terrorist attack happens Isis always takes the blame. Isis is the richest terrorist organization in the world. This twisted terrorist group involves itself in bank robbery. Another reason why Isis is to be feared is that they are capable of manufacturing high-quality weapons according to NBC news. Isis specializes in using untrained foreign volunteers as suicide bombers, moving on foot wearing suicide vests. Isis posts brutal videos online, they recently released a video showing Isis beheading a U.S journalist, Steven Sotloff and in February 2015 Isis released a video of Jordanian military pilot being burned alive in a cage. The United states military dropped a powerful non-nuclear bomb on an Isis compound in Afghanistan in 2017. Today,y Isis is just focusing on killing all who works for the government.