AVHS FOOTBALL

Back to Article
Back to Article

AVHS FOOTBALL

Travis Bugaren

This AV football is coming with some serious heat this year. The Lopes have a lot of returning talent, from the freak athlete Devon Williams with multiple D1 offers, Jermaine Marshall with 1 D1 offer, Dylan Hall with 2, Khalib Johns. Although those are the returning kids, there are a ton of new transfers, 5 kids from Desert, Marcus Warner, Bradley Brown, Caden Hinton , Travis Bugaren, and Jaccarie Banks, and one transfer from Paraclete, Jamaal Bell. The offense is about precision, and being very explosive. The defense is about being in the right spot at the right time.

There are two new key coaches this year, Jermaine Lewis is now the head coach, and Chris Hinton is now the offensive coordinator. Jermaine Lewis, Alma Mater from AV High School, and UCLA moves up to the head coach, from last year where he was the running backs coach. Chris Hinton, comes from a little high school, on Edwards Air Force Base. At Desert High School he was a coach for more than 15 years and he was the head coach for 13 years. This move is great for the Antelopes, it is a high powered offense that puts athletes in 1on1s in the open field. The offense should progress and become more explosive as the season goes on.

The Antelopes go down to Serrano High School on Friday, September 8th. Coaches and players alike think this should be a great game. Jamaal Bell says “Even though Serrano is a great team, I think it should be a good game, and hopefully we come out with the win”. Game time is at 7 o’clock sharp. Although the Lopes are coming off a 7-0 loss to Grace Brethren High School, the hopes are still high for a great season.