Filed under Sports

Antelope Valley vs. Palmdale

On February 22, 2017 the football team of Antelope Valley High school continued to prove that they are the best in the city. When Av played Palmdale everyone was on edge , going back and forth , debating on who the better team was, and Av still came out victorious.

In the beginning things weren’t going so good for Antelope Valley. They were down by 7 the first quarter. With nothing but a 15 yard pass to Jordan Jones (SF, who injured his left shoulder during this quarter) and a 19 yard run from Devon things were still rocky during the second quarter until one of our star players Devon Williams (RB & WR) made a 4 yard touchdown pass. Which was later followed by a 21 yard run from our Super Sophomore Jermaine Marshall (RB), who continues to prove himself on and off the field.

During the third quarter the score was 7-14. Things were hectic and the crowd was going crazy! It was a good game during third quarter, but AV knew they had them since second quarter when Palmdale High let Antelope Valley get the best of them.  The Falcons was putting in all of their effort to beat the Lopes , but their best just wasn’t good enough. Our Quarterback Caden Hinton threw a 55 yard touchdown pass, to *drum roll please* Devon Williams who was later announced the player of the game. The game ended with a score of 28-7. This victory over Palmdale brought Antelope Valley to a 3-1 ratio and took Palmdale high to a 1-3 ratio.When the game was over they announced Caden Hinton (#5), Devon Williams(#2), and Jermaine Marshall(#25) as their top 3 offensive players and Bradley Brown , Demas Harper, and Khalib Jones as our top defensive players.  Week after week Antelope Valley High school’s varsity football team proves that they are number one and all of that hard work at practice is paying off.