What would mornings be like if school started later?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Who enjoys rising earlier than the sun only to barely make it to their first period class at 7 in the morning? In my opinion, I think school should start later because it is better for students concentration in class. If school starts later students will be able to have a proper and healthy breakfast. Also, if school starts later it would be more convenient for students, parents, and teachers, too.

The time we start school now is too early for teenage minds to function properly. Our school should start at least an hour late than the time it starts now. With the extra hour, our attendance would improve, as well as our grades and attitudes. I feel this is an big issue at our school because students sleep in class. Which causes them to not get any work done or learn anything.

Later start times have a positive effect on students sleep pattern, grades, and overall health, emotionally and physically. Students need a later time for many reasons. It will give them the opportunity to get much needed sleep and also improve students grades. Therefore, having more time in the morning would help many.

Most people desire success, they want to attend a respected college, earn exceptional grades, get a wonderful job, and make a lot of money. However, the road to success starts before all of those accomplishments can happen. This journey begins in the classroom, many students fall asleep one or more times a week during class.

I just stated a few reasons why school should start later, but there are many more. The main reasons why school should start later are that it’s better for one’s health, it’s better for students’ concentration in class, and last but not least it’s more convenient for everyone.